Monday, March 26, 2018

FTM 32918: For You

Please Say You Will
Scott Joplin’s first published song: 1895
played by Richard Zimmerman

Rose Time and You
composed by Luckey Roberts - published in 1923
played by Tom Roberts

When I’m With You
Celestin’s Original Tuxedo Orchestra 1927

No One Else But You
Louis Armstrong & his Savoy Ballroom Five 1928

When You Wore a Tulip {and I Wore a Big Red Rose}
composed by Percy Wenrich - published in 1914
Sidney DeParis’ Blue Note Stompers 1951

You Oughta See My Gal
Wilton Crawley & his Orchestra 1929

If You Want to Be My Sugar Papa
Louis Armstrong with
Jimmy Bertrand’s Washboard Wizards 1927

I Won’t Give You None
Punch Miller with
Jimmy Bertrand’s Washboard Wizards 1929

You’ve Got To Give Me Some
Bessie Smith accompanied by
Clarence Williams & Eddie Lang 1929

If You Don’t Give Me What I Want
Fulton Allen billed as Blind Boy Fuller 1937

Dirty Mother For You
Shufflin’ Sam & his Rhythm 1936

When You Were a Girl of Seven
Tampa Red & the Chicago Five 1936

You’re My Ideal
Lionel Hampton & his Orchestra 1938

I’ll See You In My Dreams
tenor saxophonist Ben Webster with
Teddy Wilson & his Orchestra 1936

For You
tenor saxophonist Wardell Gray with
bassist Vernon Alley & his Orchestra 1946

Just You, Just Me
alto saxophonist Willie Smith with
Nat King Cole 1956

I Get a Kick Out of You
Charlie Parker 1954






No comments:

Post a Comment